I was first introduced to the concept of money mindset, back in 2017, when I signed up for a business coaching program. Being aware, as a life coach, that every change starts with the mind-set change, I realized that if I wanted to scale my income, I needed not only the good practical strategy, but the mindset shift around money as well. As I started working on my money mindset, I realized that I had a lot of limiting beliefs around money (part of the reason I believe was growing up during and after the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, when there was a lot of scarcity). I’ve been working on my money mindset ever since, and I could witness huge shifts in my relationship with money, as well with my income.
As a part of my quest to develop an empowering money mindset, and increase my financial literacy, I made a pledge to myself that I will read 100 books on money. In this blog post, I wanted to reflect on how reading 100 books on money helped me to change my money mindset, increase my income, and improve the quality of my life.
Note: I selected the books for my reading list that are purely related to financial and business side of money, and also the books on money mindset and metaphysics of money – in order to get the broader perspective, and pursue my passion for both: practical and the metaphysical knowledge. Some of the books listed below, that I found most insightful and inspiring, I read in print and then listened on Audible as well, and some of these books I (first) listened on Audible, and then read in print.
1. ‘You Were Born Rich’ by Bob Proctor
2. ‘Rich Dad, Poor Dad’ by Robert Kiyosaki
3. ‘Money Loves Speed’ by Joe Vitale
4. ‘Become A Magnet To Money’ by Bob Proctor and Mischelle Blood
5. ‘Money and The Law of Attraction’ by Esther Hicks
6. ‘The Prosperity Factor: How to Achieve Unlimited Wealth in Every Area of Your Life’ by Joe Vitale and other leading experts
7. ‘The Holistic Millionaire’ by Steve G. Jones
8. ‘Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant’ by Robert Kiyosaki
9. ‘The Millionaire Booklet’ by Grant Cardone
10. ‘Get Rich, Lucky B*tch!: Release Your Money Blocks and Live a First-Class Life’ by Denise Duffield-Thomas
11. ‘Prosperity Mind’ by Randy Gage
12. ‘Accept Your Abundance’ by Randy Gage
13. ‘101 Keys To Your Prosperity’ by Randy Gage
14. ’37 Secrets About Prosperity’ by Randy Gage
15. ‘No BS Wealth Attraction for Entrepreneurs’ by Dan Kennedy
16. ‘F.U. Money’ by Dan Lok
17. ‘Unlock It’ by Dan Lok
18. ‘Dynamic Laws Of Prosperity’ by Catherine Ponder
19. ‘Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting The Life You Want’ by James Arthur Ray
20. ‘How Rich People Think’ by Steve Siebold
21. ‘How To Attract Money’ by Joseph Murphy
22. ‘Attract Money Now’ by Joe Vitale
23. ’Earn It & Enjoy It’ by Linda Proctor
24. ‘You Are a Bada$$ At Making Money’ Jo Sincero
25. ‘Meet And Grow Rich’ by Joe Vitale
26. ‘Midas Touch’ by Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki
27. ‘Millionaire Success Habits’ by Dean Graziosi
28. ‘Money, A Love Story’ by Kate Northrup
29. ‘Money Mindset’ by Jacob Gold
30. ‘The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles’ by Marianne Williamson
31. ‘Overcoming Underearning’ by Barbara Stanny
32. ‘Open Your Mind To Receive’ by Catherine Ponder
33. ‘Retire Young, Retire Rich’ by Robert Kiyosaki
34. ‘Own Your Own Corporation: Why the Rich Own Their Own Companies and Everyone Else Works for Them’ by Garet Sutton
35. ‘Guide To Becoming Rich, Without Cutting Your Credit Cards’ By Robert Kiyosaki
36. ‘Rich Dad’s Consipracy Of The Rich’ by Robert Kiyosaki
37. ‘Increase Your Financial IQ’ by Robert Kiyosaki
38. ‘Rich Dad’s Prophecy’ by Robert Kiyosaki
39. ‘Rich Dad’s Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Million-Dollar Business’ by Robert Kiyosaki
40. ‘Second Chance – For Your Money, Your Life and Our World’ by Robert Kiyosaki
41. ‘Secrets of the Millionaire Mind – Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth’ by T. Harv Eker
42. ‘Tapping Into Wealth’ by Margaret M. Lynch
43. ‘Tax Free Wealth’ by Tom Wheelwright
44. ‘The Attractor Factor – 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth + More’ by Joe Vitale
45. ‘The Awakened Millionaire’ by Joe Vitale
46. ‘The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History!’ by Joe Vitale
47. ‘The One Minute Millionaire – The Enlightened Way to Wealth’ by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert G. Allen
48. ‘The Science of Getting Rich – Attracting Financial Success Through Creative Thought’ by Wallace D. Wattles
49. ‘Abundance Now: Amplify Your Life & Achieve Prosperity Today’ by Lisa Nichols
50. ‘Think and Grow Rich’ by Napoleon Hill
51. ‘Think Yourself Rich – Use the Power of Your Subconscious Mind to Find True Wealth’ by Joseph Murphy
52. ‘The Automatic Millionaire’ by David Bach
53. ‘Speed Wealth’ by T. Harv Eker
54. ‘Why You’re Dumb, Sick and Broke…And How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!’ By Randy Gage
55. ‘Why We Want You To Be Rich’ Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki
56. ‘The Science Of Success – How To Attract Prosperity and Attract Harmonic Wealth Through Proven Principles’ by James Arthur Ray
57. ‘Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing – What the Rich Invest in, That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not!’ by Robert Kiyosaki
58. ‘Secrets of Six-Figure Women’ by Barbara Stanny
59. ‘Unfair Advantage – The Power of Financial Education’ by Robert Kiyosaki
60. ‘Infinite Power For Richer Living’ by Joseph Murphy
61. ‘Unshakeable – Your Financial Freedom Playbook’ by Tony Robbins
62. ‘How To Get Rich’ by Donald Trump
63. ’12 Month Millionaire’ by Vince James
64. ‘Karmic Marketing: The Most Magnetic Method for Attracting Wealth’ by Joe Vitale
65. ‘Get Rich with Dividends’ By Marc Lichtenfeld
66. ‘Women & Money – Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny’ by Suze Orman
67. ‘The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom’ by Suze Orman
68. ‘Abundance: The Inner Path To Wealth’ by Deepak Chopra
69. ‘Success Habits: Proven Principles for Greater Wealth, Health, and Happiness’ by Napoleon Hill
70. ‘CashFlow From Real Estate’ by Robert Kiyosaki
71. ‘The Millionaire Next Door’ by Thomas J. Stanley
72. ‘The Millionaire Mind’ by Thomas J. Stanley
73. ‘Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth’ by Robert G. Allen
74. ‘The Millionaire Mindset’ by Gerry Robert
75. ‘The Next Millionaire Next Door’ by Thomas J. Stanley
76. ‘Worthy – Boost Your Self-Worth to Grow Your Net Worth’ by Nancy Lavin
77. ‘Smart Women Finish Rich!’ by David Bach
78. ‘Why “A” Students Work for “C” Students and Why “B” Students Work for the Government: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Education for Parents’ by by Robert Kiyosaki
79. ‘The Purposeful Millionaire – 52 Rules for Creating a Life of Wealth and Happiness Now’ by James R. Nowlin
80. ‘The Soul of Money – Transforming Your Relationship with Money & Life’ by Lynne Twist
81. ‘The Secret to Attracting Money: A Practical Spiritual System for Abundance and Prosperity’ by Joe Vitale
82. ‘Getting Rich Your Own Way: Achieve All Your Financial Goals Faster Than You Ever Thought’ by Brian Tracy
83. ‘Your Right to Be Rich’ by Napoleon Hill
84. ‘Psychology Of Wealth’ by Charles Richards
85. ‘Psychology Of Money’ by Morgan Housel
86. ‘The Energy of Money: A Spiritual Guide to Financial and Personal Fulfillment’ by dr. Martia Nemeth
87. ‘The 7 Spiritual Laws of Prosperity’ by Randy Gage
88. ‘Infinite Power For Richer Living’ by Joseph Murphy
89. ‘Stop Acting Rich – And Start Living Like A Real Millionaire’ by Thomas J. Stanley
90. ‘The Total Money Makeover – A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness’ by Dave Ramsey
91. ‘It’s Not About the Money’ by Bob Proctor
92. ‘Homeless To Billionaire: The 18 Principles of Wealth Attraction and Creating Unlimited Opportunity’ by Andres Pira and Joe Vitale
93. ‘Happy Money: The Japanese Art of Making Peace with Your Money’ by Ken Honda
94. ‘The Million Dollar Mindset -How to Harness Your Internal Force to Live the Lifestyle You Deserve’ by James Arthur Ray
95. ‘Money – Master The Game’ by Tony Robbins
96. ‘Abundance Paradigm’ by Joe Vitale
97. ‘Creating Affluence: The A-to-Z Guide to a Richer Life’ by Deepak Chopra
98. ‘The 21 Success Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires’ by Brian Tracy
99. ‘Million Dollar Habits’ by Brian Tracy
100. ‘I Can Make Your Rich’ by Paul McKenna
Although I’ve learned something from every single book listed above, books mentioned below impacted me the most in the way that I either had a huge mindset shift around money and/or applied what I learned (took a massive and significant action step).
After reading Bob Proctor’s book ‘You Were Born Rich’ and Robert Kiyosaki’s books (especially ‘Rich Dad, Poor Dad’) I realised the importance of building passive income streams that are producing cash flow, which inspired me to create multiple passive income streams (book royalties, online courses, digital books…) that had made it possible for me earn money while sleeping, traveling, and watching Netflix – which has been a huge ‘game changer’ for me.
Prior to 2017., I was only earning from 1 on 1 coaching, and even while I was earning much more money then, comparing to when I was a freelance writer, and I was working with many wonderful clients, there was always that underlying fear and uncertainty of ‘what If next month no client signs up?!’. In 2017. I started giving motivational talks and live workshops, which somewhat helped to diversify my income streams and reduce the uncertainty, but it still required me to ‘trade time for money’. While that was working well for me for almost three years, in 2020., during the global health and economic turmoil, the number of clients plummeted down like never before, and motivational speeches and live workshops that I had planned – were cancelled.
It was thanks to the passive income streams that I created in the same year (online courses – which were increasing in demand, and digital books) that I was able to keep earning during that time, and also witness the most unexpected thing – my income increasing! That experience confirmed to me what I learned while reading many of the books listed above – having multiple income streams, as well as passive income streams is so VERY important, in order to ‘weather’ through any ‘financial storms’ and scale the income significantly.
‘Rich Dad’ book series (along with ‘Get Rich With Dividends’ book) sparked my interest in investing in stocks.
The book ‘Tax Free Wealth’ is one I would wholeheartedly recommend for reading, as it contains some excellent advice on tax deductions.
Joe Vitale is one of my favorite authors – I read more than 30 of his books over the years. His books on attracting money inspired me to be more generous with my money and give more to charity (which in return truly made me feel more abundant, and fulfilled), publish my ‘Self Worth‘ book (after ‘sitting’ on the idea for two years), reflect on my beliefs around money, and come up with more creative ideas for creating different income streams (the words in his books that deeply resented with me were: ‘You don’t need [always] more money [to make more money], you need more creativity!’).
Dan Lok’s book ‘F.U. Money’, and T. Harv Eker’s book ‘Secrets of the Millionaire Mind’ inspired me to delegate, automate, outsource, and/or eliminate as many tasks as I could, so that I could focus more of my time on ‘money generating activities’. I started hiring VA-s to help me with copyproofing, publishing articles, and posting on social media, and started automating a lot of tasks that were consuming a lot of my time with different automation plugins, which helped me to carve out A LOT of free time (which I could then divert towards creating more online courses and digital products, reading books, working with more clients, networking, attending workshops, and enrolling in coaching programs that can help me to get to the next level of success and increase my income).
Brian Tracy’s books were (as always) very motivating and infused with practical and powerful wealth and business advice.
In many of the books on the 100 list above I also learned a lot about the importance of networking (“meet and grow rich”), which I was honestly not doing enough (given my introverted nature), and as a result I started devoting more time towards networking activities, which helped me to form amazing connections, start new collaborations, and also get more opportunities for coaching, speaking, and media features.
‘The Soul of Money’ book touched me emotionally so deeply that I cried while reading it. It profoundly inspired me to reflect on the impact the money I am spending has on the world, and regardless of the external circumstances and turmoils, keep reminding myself to stay aligned with my highest values and – to ‘put my money where my heart is’.
Randy Gage’s books helped me to become much more mindful of the content I consume, as the portrayal of rich people in mass media is often negative (‘criminal lords’, ‘con-wo/men’, ‘corrupt’, ‘cruel’, ‘unethical’, ‘unhappy, miserable, cold, and lonely’…), which can lead to creating very negative associations and beliefs around wealth and money, on a subconscious level. When it comes to ‘digging deeper’ into my limiting beliefs around money, books ‘How Rich People Think’ by Steve Siebold, ‘No B.S. Wealth Attraction For Enterpreneurs’ by Dan Kennedy, ‘Tapping Into Wealth‘ by Margaret M. Lynch, and ‘I Can Make You Rich’ by Paul McKenna were also very helpful (I fell a sleep many nights listening to the hypnosis audio with the same title, that complements the book).
‘Overcoming Underearning’ (by Barbara Stanny), ‘Women&Money’ (by Suze Orman) and ‘Smart Women Finish Rich!’ (By David Bach’) I found to be profoundly financially insightful (regarding unique challenges that women specifically face around money) and also genuine #womenempowerment books – which I would recommend to every woman for reading.
Some of the most inspiring books on this list were certainly ‘Karmic Marketing’ and ‘The Awakened Millionaire’ by Joe Vitale, ‘The Law of Divine Compensation’ by Marianne Williamson, ‘Homeless To Billionaire’ by Andres Pira and Joe Vitale, and ‘Happy Money’ by Ken Honda.
‘The Millionaire Next Door’ book series by Thomas J. Stanley were eye-opening when it comes to learning about the spending habits, mindset, and behavioral traits of hundreds of millionaires surveyed by the author in his extensive scientific research.
Reading the 100 books listed above, has helped me immensely to change my beliefs around money, which I believe had a tremendous impact on increasing my income, as every positive change starts with the mind-set.
Working on my money mindset and learning more about the money has helped me a lot, not only in increasing my income, but also in improving the quality of my life. Likely, due to high level of pollution in Delhi (where I am located currently), for the last two years I’ve been frequently suffering from reoccurring respiratory infections. I can say that in those moments, when my throat was hurting, and I was unable to speak (which is required for my coaching and motivational speaking work) and resting in bed, being able to earn money trough multiple passive income streams has been such a blessing. Thanks to the passive income streams, even if I am on vacation, traveling, watching Netflix or some exciting Chinese Wu-Xia drama, or sick in bed, I am still receiving payment notifications.
Many of the books that I read contain completely different (even opposite) ‘financial advice’ and ‘investment strategies’. One thing that I learned over the years, while working with so many clients from different continents and backgrounds, with different belief systems, personality traits, and values – is that there is not ‘one-size-fit-advice’ for everyone, and that is also the truth when it comes to money. After reading 100 books on money, I am now more aware of what kind of financial/investing strategy resonates the most with me.
Although I still have a lot to learn, especially in the domain of investing money – having my money ‘work for me’, I can say that time, energy, and money spent to read 100 (!) books, to educate myself about money and building the right money mindset has been truly worth it, as it improved the quality of my life immensely by giving me more abundance and freedom and opening a lot more possibilities for me.
Did you read any of the 100 books listed above, and if YES – what were the most powerful insights that you gained? Do you have any money book(s) recommendations for me, that are not on this list (yeah, I am planning to read more books on the topic, lol)? Would you like to read more about money mindset in the future on the blog? Reach out and let me know.
In this 6 pages PDF document, I shared the exact steps that I have taken that helped me to increase my income and impact while being in my YIN (feminine, passive, slow) energy. Enter your details below for instant download: